What’s Here? What’s Coming? What’s Rumored? It’s all here! News regarding what features are showing, airing, filming, and streaming for your viewing pleasure. Brought to you by the collaborative efforts of our Comic-Watch Press Corp. Expect to see ‘Film Me In’ Bi-monthly! We would like to invite you to please comment leaving suggestions and comments so we can bring you the most informative entertainment news you’re seeking!**Spoiler Free!
Film Me In #1
Writers: A collaborative effort by the ComicWatch Press Corp in efforts to cover all news of interest regarding what’s going on in the world of Fandom and Comic Industry Entertainment! Many Thanks to Ross Hutchinson & Chris Kebblewhite, for their endless hard work, and our fearless leaders at ComicWatch’s Secret Lair where all the really tough world saving decisions are made!
What You Need to Know
Entertainment news is coming at us literally 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year; relentless and non-stop. This is our collaborative effort to bring you all things fandom that we think are worth mentioning, of importance, or of value to you, our readers. We hope you enjoy!
- Justice League off to slow start! Reports were coming in that Rotten Tomatoes may have been covering for Justice League: You Can’t Save The World Alone as of yesterday(11.16.16), no ratings were yet posted, but as of this morning, 8:30 EST, 11/17/17, Rotten Tomatoes’ is scoring the new DC endeavor at 37%, which could prove tragic for future DC Comic projects and spin-offs already planned for the DC universe. Rotten is quoted, stating that the “Justice League leaps over a number of DC movies, but its single bound isn’t enough to shed the murky aesthetic, thin characters, and chaotic action that continue to dog the franchise.” Let’s see what the fans think, please let us know your thoughts!
- X-Men Multiple Man Movie in-development! This is exciting news as Fox is planning a new project, another spin-off for its’ X-Universe. Multiple Man is going to star James Franco as Jamie Maddox and will be written by Wonder Woman scribe Allen Heinberg. X-Men franchisee Simon Kinberg will be producing; no surprises there. James Franco just got done playing twin brothers in HBO’s The Deuce, so he seems a good fit for this project! I have high hopes as a personal Maddox/Franco fan myself! This is explosive news for Marvel and X-Men fans alike, as it seems the Marvel X-Men universe is growing by leaps and bounds with multiple projects being considered and others about to be released! Not much else has been released yet in regards to Multiple Man, but as we know more; we will let you know!
- Netflix Premieres Marvel’s Long Anticipated The Punisher Series! Frank Castle, the most determined anti-hero in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, is finally getting its’ Netflix release! Taking place sometime after the events of Netflix’s DareDevil, and we are assuming The Defenders, the series follows Frank Castle, played by Jon Bernthal of The Walking Dead fame, as he’s pulled back into the pursuit of the people and institutions that created him. We expect cameo appearances of others in the Netflix Marvel Universe, but only time will tell. By the time The Punisher begins, Castle is presumed dead and trying to blend in under an assumed name. His anonymity is short-lived when a former NSA analyst, David Lieberman (aka Micro, played by Ebon Moss-Bachrach), seeks him out and uncovers a potential government conspiracy tied to the deaths of Castle’s family. Many critics are saying The Punisher is too violent, but in my opinion; the series addresses real-life issues such as PTSD, violence in our streets, plus here, we have a hero who doesn’t heal from gunshot wounds or who can dodge bullets so it will be very interesting to hear fan reactions!
Marvel’s The Punisher | Official Trailer [HD] | Netflix
- M. Night Shyamalan Gives First Look at Upcoming Sequel to Unbreakable & Split; ‘Glass’! M. Night Shyamalan gives fans first look at ‘Glass’, the follow up to Unbreakable, and Split, which will feature Bruce Willis as character, David Dunn, whose origin story is told in Unbreakable, basically a traditional superhero origin story whose character is impervious to injury and finds fulfillment by pursuing his calling to use his ability to help others and stops the villainous Samuel L. Jackson’s ‘Mr. Glass’. The feature will also see Samuel L. Jackson return as Mr. Glass and James McAvoy’s character from Split, who suffers from multiple personalities, one of which is an exceptionally fearsome creature known only as ‘The Beast’, with some extremely horrifying supernatural abilities. Filming has started in Philadelphia, and the project is slated for a release in 2019. It’s unknown as to how the trio will interact, but with Willis’s character as the protagonist, he will either face off against both or possibly team up with Jackson, to face off against ‘The Beast’; its speculation at this point. With Shyamalan at the helm, working with such an amazing cast, and based on the previous movies, ‘Glass’ will be an incredibly well written and directed feature film, a horror movie that will invariably shock fans!
- Deadpool 2 or THE UNTITLED DEADPOOL SEQUEL Teaser Released! Possibly one of the most anticipated movies of 2018, and could set the tone for future X-men films rumored to be in the early phases of pre-production (X-Force). The sequel was written by Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick, directed by David Leith, and we can expect to see Ryan Reynolds returning as Deadpool, no surprises there, Josh Brolin cast as Cable, Colossus, Warhead, Zazie Beetz as Domino, and Black Tom Cassidy plus many others. There will, without question, be cameo appearances from other Marvel characters and rumor has it, Deadpool 2 will be the set up for the upcoming X-Force film. Due to be released June 1st, 2018. As more info becomes available, we will keep you updated! The synopsis provided by 20th Century Fox reads a teaser video that has already gone viral can be seen below:
“After surviving a near-fatal bovine attack, a disfigured cafeteria chef (Wade Wilson) struggles to fulfill his dream of becoming Mayberry’s hottest bartender while also learning to cope with his lost sense of taste. Searching to regain his spice for life, as well as a flux capacitor, Wade must battle ninjas, the yakuza, and a pack of sexually aggressive canines, as he journeys around the world to discover the importance of family, friendship, and flavor – finding a new taste for adventure and earning the coveted coffee mug title of World’s Best Lover.”
- The News on the X-Men: The New Mutants scheduled for release April 13th, 2018! Rumored to be the first installment in a trilogy of X-Men/New Mutants horror movies, based in a creepy asylum of sorts, we know the feature will be based on the longstanding spinoff comic dealing with Professor X’s younger class of superhumans, with as it happens, Taylor-Joy, rumored to be appearing in the film as Illyana Rasputin, Magik, the sister of X-Men mainstay Colossus, alongside Game of Thrones star, Maisie Williams, as lycanthropic shapeshifter Rahne Sinclair,Wolfsbane. Both were confirmed in May 2017. We also know star Henry Zaga is playing Brazilian mutant Roberto da Costa, Sunspot while another new Netflix breakout star is joining him Stranger Things, Charlie Heaton is playing Sam Guthrie, Cannonball! Early reports said that Charles Xavier would appear, played by James McAvoy, and McAvoy has denied involvement in the project, but we have seen varied reports regarding the casts. Set for release in 2018, we will be watching this closely for further news!
The New Mutants | Official Trailer [HD] | 20th Century FOX
- Marvel announces post-production complete on BLACK PANTHER! The Black Panther considered the first black hero in mainstream comics is finally finished with all post-production and will be coming to theaters soon! Chadwick Boseman will play T’Challa, the prince of the African nation of Wakanda, bestowed with superhuman powers who must take over the throne after his father’s murder. Forest Whitaker will play the role of Zuri, an elder statesman in Wakanda while Florence Kasumba will reprise her Captain America: Civil War role as Ayo, a member of the Dora Milaje. Daniel Kaluuya will play T’Challas’ confidant W’Kabi. Also, Winson Duke, will be playing M’Baku, was of Wakanda’s most powerful warriors and one of T’Challa’s biggest rivals. Directed by Ryan Coogler and written for the screen by Mark Bailey and Joe Robert Cole.
Black Panther | Official Theatrical Trailer | Marvel Studios
- Danger Girl Getting Her Own Movie; From Hitman and Resident Evil Producers! The film company, Constantin, behind the Resident Evil movie series, is eyeing another female-fronted action franchise; this time it’s Danger Girl, the hit comic by J. Scott Cambell and Andy Hatnell. The comic follows the adventures of Abbey Chase, an adventurer who was reluctantly recruited into a secret organization, then paired with operatives Sydney Savage and Natalia Kasstle who travel the world in hopes of locating a series of mystical objects and keeping them out of the hands of the villainous Hammer Syndicate. Danger Girl, the comic, is ‘a blend of Indiana Jones, James Bond and Charlie’s Angels’ and was considered an instant hit when it debuted in ‘98 from Jim Lee’s Wildstorm imprint. Constantin’s Robert Kulzer will produce along with Constantin’s Martin Moszkowicz as executive producer and creators Campbell and Hartnell are also onboard as executive produce. They are all thinking “Danger Girl is the perfect opportunity to create a team of grounded, relatable and dangerous young female characters but with humor and spectacular action,” said Jeremy Bolt of Bolt Pictures.
THE COMIC WATCH PRESS CORP WOULD LIKE TO HEAR YOUR FEEDBACK! WE WOULD ALSO LIKE TO WISH EVERYONE A SAFE AND HAPPY HOLIDAY!
Written By: David Conine
Contributors: Ross Hutchinson & Chris Kebblewhite
Fill Me In is a joint effort by the Comic Watch Press Corp. Team