Hitting Comic Book Shops September 26 and all Major Booksellers October 2, This Special Hardcover Features Unreleased Original Scripts, Sketches and More
On the heels of DC’s landmark release of ACTION COMICS #1000, this milestone issue of the longest-running superhero comic book in history will debut in a deluxe hardcover format. Available in comic book stores on September 26 and book stores on October 2, the ACTION COMICS #1000 DELUXE EDITION hardcover will feature previously unreleased story scripts, sketches and more. With more than eighty pages of some of the top names in comics paying tribute to Superman, the ACTION COMICS #1000 DELUXE EDITION hardcover, will be available for the suggested retail price of $19.99.
to quote Dan Didio:
“Not only was the release of ACTION COMICS #1000 a huge step for DC, it was a momentous release for the industry as a whole, we heard from countless comic book shop owners that ACTION COMICS #1000 brought fans into their shops like never before, as everyone wanted to be a part of this historic moment.”
The deluxe edition hardcover of ACTION COMICS #1000 will include:
- All eighty pages featuring stories and artwork by Brian Michael Bendis/Jim Lee, Dan Jurgens/Norm Rapmund, Peter J. Tomasi/Patrick Gleason, Tom King/Clay Mann, Geoff Johns & Richard Donner/Oliver Coipel, Brad Meltzer/John Cassaday and Laura Martin, Marv Wolfman/Curt Swan, Louise Simonson/Jerry Ordway and more.
- A gallery of eighteen unique retailer variants (open to buy and retailer exclusives) and the eight decade-themed variant covers from artists including Dan Jurgens, Jim Lee, Dave Gibbons, Joshua Middleton and more.
- Scripts for each of the stories featured in ACTION COMICS #1000
- A side by side panel/page comparisons for the Peter J. Tomasi/Patrick Gleason story “Never Ending Battle”
- The original art for the Marv Wolfman/Curt Swan story “An Enemy Within”
- The Paul Levitz/Neal Adams story from ACTION COMICS: 80 YEARS OF SUPERMAN, “The Game”
- Design sketches from Jim Lee
- A complete reprint of the stories that started it all—the Superman stories ACTION COMICS #1 and 2 from 1938!
DC publisher Jim Lee had this to say:
“We were blown away by the response to ACTION COMICS #1000, and we wanted to gather together even more behind the scenes material such as sketches, scripts, etc. so fans can take a peek inside this historic release, this is not only a must-have for any Superman fan, but also any fan of comics, entertainment or pop culture.”
User Review( votes)