This January, from DC Entertainment and Warner Brothers, the Dark Knight is heading back to the 1970s in the martial arts thriller, BATMAN: SOUL OF THE DRAGON.
The last animated feature comes from renowned animation producer Bruce Timm as he takes the Dark Knight back to the 1970s for a supernatural-laden martial arts extravaganza in the popular series of the DC Universe Movies. This Elseworlds tale is set in the midst of the swinging 1970s, this adventure finds Bruce Wayne training under a master sensei, where he, along with other elite students, are forged in the fire of the martial arts discipline. The lifelong bonds they form will be put to the test when a deadly menace arises from their past. Joining Batman in his fight against the monsters of the world are DCU fighting stalwarts like the world-renowned martial artists Richard Dragon, Ben Turner/Bronze Tiger, and Lady Shiva, along with their mentor O-Sensei.
The ensemble cast features a core group of actors playing martial arts students-turned-heroes in David Giuntoli (Grimm, A Million Little Things) as Bruce Wayne/Batman, Mark Dacascos (John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum, Iron Chef America, Hawaii Five-0) as Richard Dragon, Kelly Hu (Arrow, X2: X-Men United) as Lady Shiva and Michael Jai White (Spawn, reprising his role from Arrow) as Ben Turner/Bronze Tiger. Their mentor O-Sensei is voiced by James Hong (Big Trouble in Little China, Blade Runner). Josh Keaton (Voltron: Legendary Defender; Green Lantern: The Animated Series) is featured as Jeffrey Burr, and additional voices are provided by veteran voiceover actors Grey Griffin, Chris Cox, Erica Luttrell, Robin Atkin Downes, Patrick Seitz, Jamie Chung and Eric Bauza.
Dragon Special Features on the 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray Combo Pack, Blu-ray and Digital include:
- Batman – Raw Groove (New Featurette) – From the explosion of gritty cinema and kung fu to the cultural changes spreading across the U.S., we explore the early ’70s and how they inspired Batman: Soul of the Dragon.
- Producer Jim Krieg’s Far Out Highlights (New Featurette) – It’s an off-the-hook and out-of- sight supercut of one of Producer Jim Krieg’s funniest in-character appearances.
- A Sneak Peek at the next DC Universe Movie – An advance look at the next animated film in
the popular DC Universe Movies collection, Justice Society: World War II.
- Look Back: Superman: Red Son (Featurette) – Kal-El’s rocket fleeing Krypton never reaches Smallville, but instead lands in the Soviet Union, single-handedly shifting the new world order. This is the epic re-imagining of Superman’s origin story.
- Look Back: Batman: Gotham By Gaslight (Featurette) – Set against the backdrop of turn of the century Gotham, Batman is involved in a hunt for a criminal who has committed the most heinous acts of murder. This is Batman versus Jack the Ripper!
- From the DC Vault: Batman: The Animated Series, “Day of the Samurai”
- From the DC Vault: Batman: The Animated Series, “Night of the Ninja”
Batman: Soul Of The Dragon will be available to own in high definition and
standard definition from select digital retailers including Amazon, the Apple TV app, FandangoNOW, PlayStation, Vudu, Xbox, and others. On January 26, 2021, Batman: Soul Of The Dragon will be made available digitally on Video On Demand services from cable and satellite providers, and on select gaming consoles on January 12, 2021.
NEWS WATCH: BATMAN: SOUL OF THE DRAGON Announced as Next Animated Feature from DC
User Review( votes)