DC Comics continues their long-standing tradition of anthology themed holiday specials this Halloween with not one, but two spooktacular, horror-themed anthology issues: LEGEND OF THE SWAMP THING HALLOWEEN SPECTACULAR #1 AND DC: THE DOOMED AND THE DAMNED #1.
October is sometimes known for inspiring stories of ghosts, goblins, fright, and picking out our favorite candies for Halloween. But this year, DC’s is bringing twice the spooks and scares for comic book fans with two anthology titles featuring the World’s Greatest Super Heroes in tales of fear and terror!
LEGEND OF THE SWAMP THING HALLOWEEN SPECTACULAR #1
DC invites you to welcome Swamp Thing to your witching hour festivities. In this 48-page collection of six all-new stories, the Guardian of the Green reveals past lives and the unforgettable horrors that befall those who cross his path. From ancient Rome to present day, Swamp Thing stalks these ghostly and ghastly tales—all of which are best read by the light of a jack o’ lantern!
- Stories are written by Tom King (Strange Adventures, Swamp Thing: Roots of Terror, Swamp Thing Winter Special), James Tynion IV (Batman), Vita Ayala, Phillip Kennedy Johnson (The Last God: The Fellspyre Chronicles) and Ram V (Catwoman, Justice League Dark)
- Art by: Domo Stanton (House of Whispers), Mike Perkins (Lois Lane), Emma Rios and Christian Ward
- Cover Price: $5.99
- Release date of Tuesday, October 6, 2020
DC: THE DOOMED AND THE DAMNED #1
It was a dark and stormy night when the creatures of the DC universe began to emerge from their lairs into the cool evening air. Tales of the macabre, the murderous, and the morbid abound in this spine-chilling special about monsters and mayhem! What happens when Batman encounters a true urban legend after speaking its name three times in a mirror, or when Madame Xanadu enlists the help of Man-Bat to take town shadowy specter? And who can stop an intergalactic demon from turning people into frog beasts? Only the unlikely team-up of Green Lantern and Etrigan! All this and seven more fang-tastic tales to trick your treats and bob your apples!
- Stories are written by Carmen Maria Machado (Hill House Comics’ The Low, Low Woods), Marv Wolfman, Ken Porter, John Arcudi, Saladin Ahmed, Alyssa Wong, Travis Moore, and others.
- Art by: Riley Rossmo (Martian Manhunter, Constantine: The Hellblazer), Mike Perkins, Leonardo Manco, Travis Moore, Tom Mandrake, and others.
- This 80-Page one-shot is priced at $9.99
- Release date of Tuesday, October 13, 2020
Don’t miss it as DC Doubles Down on the Scary This Halloween as these two special will be available at all open and operating comic book stores and participating digital retailers.
NEWS WATCH: DC COMICS to Publish Two Halloween Anthologies to Give Fans Twice the Scare this October!
User Review( votes)