This February, the next edition of Marvel’s Voices acclaimed anthology series, MARVEL’s VOICES: WAKANDA FOREVER, hits stands.
Honoring Black History Month, MARVEL’S VOICES: WAKANDA FOREVER #1 will feature five all-new stories spotlighting the iconic heroes of Wakanda as they are brought to life by an incredible lineup of Black creators, including fresh talent making their exciting Marvel Comics debuts!
Marvel Comics Editor-in-Chief C.B. Cebulski said about the project in a press release:
“Ever since we first started bringing Marvel’s Voices into our comics back in 2020, it’s been so inspiring to see our stories grow and evolve, bringing up a fantastic lineup of new characters and creators. Looking ahead to 2023, we’re excited to expand the anthology series to broaden our focus on characters and families, giving our writers, editors, and readers more stories and more characters in the grand tradition of MARVEL’S VOICES.”
Below, check out fans can get a sneak peek at the stories that await and all four MARVEL’S VOICES: WAKANDA FOREVER #1 variant covers!
First, here are the tales of myth, adventure, strife, and more that readers can look forward to, each one expanding the inimitable world of Wakanda in fascinating new ways!
- T’Challa’s grandfather, Azzuri, learns a lesson as a teenager that will have a dramatic impact on Wakanda’s present in a moving story by writer Adam Serwer (Wakanda) and Marvel Studios storyboard artist Todd Harris!
- It’s the debut of the LAST Black Panther in the far future of Wakanda in a revelatory tale written and drawn by Juni Ba (Black Panther, Image Comics’ Monkey Meat)
- T’Challa must grapple with a crisis of faith and goes through surprising lengths to get through it in a thrilling tale by writer Karama Horne, author of the recent Black Panther: Protectors of Wakanda book, and artist Alitha E. Martinez, known for her work on Black Panther and Miles Morales: Spider-Man
- Learn what length Shuri will go to in order to protect Wakanda from a devastating attack from a dangerous new foe in an action-packed story by Murewa Ayodele and Dotun Akanda, the team behind the recently announced I Am Iron Man limited series
- A new Dora Milaje trainee must accomplish one last thing to earn her place: defeat Okoye in combat! Witness this breathtaking battle in this story by Eisner Award-winning writer Sheena Howard and artist Marcus Williams (Tuskegee Heirs)
- Plus all-new essays, interviews, and bonus material about all things Wakanda!
Variant Cover by EJIWA “EDGE” EBENEBE:
Variant Cover by KAREN S. DARBOE
Variant Cover by AFUA RICHARDSON
MARVEL’S VOICES – WAKANDA FOREVER #1
- Written by JUNI BA, MUREWA AYODELE, ADAM SERWE, SHEENA HOWARD & KARAMA HORNE!
- Art by JUNI BA, DOTUN AKANDE, TODD HARRIS, MARCUS WILLIAMS & ALITHA E. MARTINEZ!
- Cover by KEN LASHLEY – 75960620605600111
- Variant Cover by EJIWA “EDGE” EBENEBE – 75960620605600121
- Variant Cover by KAREN S. DARBOE – 75960620605600131
- Variant Cover by AFUA RICHARDSON – 75960620605600141
Head over to Marvel.com now to hear from some of the creators and join Marvel Comics’ Black History Month celebration by picking up MARVEL’S VOICES: WAKANDA FOREVER #1 on February 15, 2023.
NEWS WATCH: Marvel Celebrates Black History Month with MARVEL’s VOICES: WAKANDA FOREVER this February
User Review( votes)