In the mid-70s, GIANT-SIZE X-MEN #1, from the creative team of writer Len Wein and artist Dave Cockrum gave the merry mutants from the Marvel Universe a massive remake. To commemorate this event, GIANT-SIZE X-MEN: TRIBUTE TO WEIN & COCKRUM #1 is hitting shelves Wednesday, September 30, 2020.
To celebrate the 45th anniversary of the landmark issue, which not only replaced the original team of young heroes with a bigger, international cast of characters but also became a turning point for the property, an A-List group of creators will be contributing to this issue.
Creators involved with this issue include:
- Mark Brooks (Cable & Deadpool, Han Solo, The Amazing Spider-Man, New X-Men, Secret Empire, and Avengers: No Surrender)
- Marguerite Sauvage (Amazing Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows, Black Panther)
- Carlos Gomez (Amazing Mary Jane, X-Factor)
- Marco Checchetto (Star Wars: Shattered Empire, Star Wars: Obi-Wan and Anakin, and Star Wars: Captain Phasma)
- Joshua Cassara (Venom)
- Valerio Schiti (Tony Stark: Iron Man, Guardians of the Galaxy, New Avengers)
- Bernard Chang (Cable, Iron Man: The End)
- Stephen Segovia (Hellions, X-Force)
To see what these creators had to say about being involved with this project, click here.
GIANT-SIZE X-MEN: TRIBUTE TO WEIN & COCKRUM #1, written and drawn by an all-star team of comic creators, at your favorite local comic book shop or digitally on Wednesday, September 30!
NEWS WATCH: Marvel Comics Pays Tribute to Giant-Size X-MEN with Tribute to WEIN & COCKRUM
User Review( votes)