Spin Master Games and CMON Launch the First-Ever Marvel Game on Kickstarter, Reaching Full Funding in Just 31 Minutes
First Campaign Exclusives Include Nick Fury, Hawkeye and Corvus Glaive Exclusive Miniatures, Plus an Add-On Expansion Pack Featuring The Infinity Gauntlet
Spin Master Corp. (TSX:TOY; wwwspinmaster.com), a leading global children’s entertainment company, joined forces with CMON Limited (1792.HK: www.cmon.com), an international publisher and designer of tabletop board games and miniature games, to launch Marvel United, the first-ever Marvel game on Kickstarter.
The Kickstarter campaign is live and reached its full $150,000 goal in just 31 minutes. The campaign gives backers the chance to get their hands on the ultimate edition of the game for fans and collectors, including exciting Kickstarter exclusives that won’t be found at retail, for a starting pledge of just $60. Backers who pledge $60 or more to the campaign will receive the Marvel United core box and all applicable stretch goal rewards unlocked throughout the campaign.
At the launch of the campaign, Spin Master and CMON also announced two exclusive surprises:
- Every $60+ backer will receive three additional Kickstarter-exclusive miniatures (Nick Fury, Hawkeye and Corvus Glaive)
- A Kickstarter-exclusive expansion pack featuring The Infinity Gauntlet is available as an add-on for $30
Backers should check back frequently throughout the campaign for more exciting exclusive reveals, many of which will be added to pledges for free.
Marvel United is the ultimate collector’s item for Marvel superfans, featuring completely original, never-before-seen “chibi-style” artwork and CMON-detailed miniatures of fans’ favorite heroes and villains. The game was a top-secret project that has been in development for almost two years. It is an entirely new board game with original gameplay, built from the ground up by award-winning and cult-favorite game designers Eric Lang (Blood Rage, Cthulhu: Death May Die, Rising Sun) and Andrea Chiarvesio (Kingsburg).
The game taps into the current all-play trend in board games that unites players, encourages cooperative play and communication, and leaves nobody bored!
About the game: It’s time to become the hero you were always meant to be!
- Marvel United is a fast-paced, cooperative game for two to four players
- Set up your Mission Board and select one of three included villains (Red Skull, Taskmaster and Ultron) to battle!
- Each player chooses a hero from the five included options (Captain America, Hulk, Iron Man, Captain Marvel and Black Widow) and plays their hero’s unique powers from the Hero Card against the villain
- Pay close attention to your fellow heroes’ moves and coordinate your efforts — your powers and abilities can be strategically combined to thwart the villain’s Masterplan!
- If you solve your Mission and defeat the villain, everyone wins! If the villain completes their Masterplan, the heroes all lose
- Add in expansion sets for even more variety and unique gameplay experiences
- Marvel United provides 40-60 minutes of game play and is for ages 14+
“We are excited to unveil the first-ever Marvel game on Kickstarter, delivering a truly unique and original game to fans,” says Elizabeth LoVecchio, VP of Spin Master Games. “Spin Master takes pride in great partnerships and working with CMON exemplifies this value. Launching Marvel United on Kickstarter gives us the opportunity to bring the ultimate version of this game to superfans with exclusive expansions and characters that can be mix and matched in the game.”
Spin Master Games is an innovative leader in the gaming space with game-shelf staples like Hedbanz, Soggy Doggy and Perplexus. This adds to Spin Master’s licensed Marvel portfolio of games including 5 Minute Marvel, Sinister Six and Wakanda Forever.
The Marvel United campaign marks CMON’s 42nd Kickstarter. They have successfully funded 41 campaigns to date, raising over $60 Million total, making them Kickstarter’s #1 funded company. “Our goal is to make each campaign as fresh and exciting as our games,” says Geoff Skinner, CMON’s VP of Entertainment. “Marvel United is a passion project for everyone at CMON, and we worked as hard as we could to make sure there are lots of sensational surprises in store over the next three weeks.”
The 22-day campaign will be live through Wednesday, March 4th. The core box is scheduled to be delivered to backers at the same time the game hits retail in the Fall 2020, with any applicable stretch goals and Kickstarter exclusive rewards to be delivered soon after.
For campaign updates, please follow @SpinMasterGames and @CMONgames on Instagram.