The Latest News, Updates and Plans for the Future in Valiant Entertainment
As the pandemic continues to impact the comics industry, we here at Comic Watch had recently reported that Valiant had closed the doors on its New York Headquarters location. Now, we have received a more clear explanation from the publisher regarding the transition as well as a brief recap of all the exciting projects in the works at Valiant Entertainment.
See below for the full statement…
Nothing is more important than the safety of our team during these unpredictable times, and as such, we have continued to operate remotely since mid-March due to Covid-19.
As a part of our long-term strategy that brings Publishing, TV and Film closer together, we are restructuring our New York City/Los Angeles offices as well as transitioning new roles within the organization to optimize Valiant’s business priorities. In LA, Valiant has hired comic book industry veteran, David Wohl as a Senior Editor, who bring decades of experience to the team, and in NYC the Manhattan offices will be moving to a new location within the city, which is under construction and scheduled to be completed in the Fall 2020.
The future of Valiant Entertainment will continue to adapt, update and innovate across all platforms including comics, feature films, novels, and videogames giving fans the very best from our connected universe.
The latest from Valiant:
- November 2020 will see the return of X-O Manowar #2 from NY Times Best-Selling author, Dennis “Hopeless” Hallum and superstar artist Emilo Laiso. PLUS the return of Ninjak in 2021 featuring the dream team of Jeff Parker and Javier Pulido. Fans, new and old alike, should stay tuned as these are just a harbinger to many more announcements from Valiant in the coming months for iconic characters including Shadowman, Savage, and more!
- Announced in March, a re-master of the classic 1999 Shadowman game from Nightdive Studios is on the way. Release date is TBA (so keep an eye out for the A…)
- Published in July, a brand-new young adult novel, Faith: Taking Flight, with HarperCollins Publishers imprint Balzer + Bray, from New York Times bestselling author Julie Murphy is available today.
- Valiant Entertainment is teaming up with Blowfish Studios to develop a slate of all-new action packed video games with the popular characters from Valiant’s Superhero Universe. This will mark the first multi-platform Valiant video games since Acclaim’s acquisition of the company back in the 90’s.
- Released in theaters and on VOD, Bloodshot (Sony), starring international action star Vin Diesel made its silver screen debut at #1 worldwide; Harbinger (Paramount) is currently in the works with a 2021 projected release.
It would seem that Valiant Entertainment is poised to come out of the pandemic building a lot of excitement for their work, with a new Senior Editor in David Wohl and new offices on the way, be sure to keep an eye out for all things Valiant as we move into 2021!
NEWS WATCH: Valiant Entertainment to Restructure as Plans for Future Continue to Grow
User Review( votes)