I should preface this list with a statement: The below list is purely my opinion, I do not write the show, I cannot control where the story goes, and over all I have really enjoyed the first two seasons. Being a fan of Teen Titans during the 1980s and early 90s I feel like there are a couple things missing, people will disagree with me on this, and that is perfectly fine.
- Raven: I would really love to see he dressed more in line with the comic character. The blue dress and hooded cloak. I would also love to see her advance in her abilities and see her come a bit or into her own. I would love to see her learn magic and teleport. This is my number one wish. Raven is one of my all time favorite comic book characters and I like the actress and what they have done so far, but I think they have done the shy, scared little girl thing long enough.
- Tempest: Bring Garth (Drew Van Acke) back to life as Tempest. One of the biggest disappointments in season 2 was the brevity of Aqualad’s storyline. We get a taste of what his character’s personality and powers are, but then he is ripped from us all in one episode. As part of bringing him back, I would like to see a bit more of Atlantean culture exposed and explored. (It is rumored that this is going to happen, but maybe not until season 4….We can all hope)
- Costumes and Powers: “Suit Up” more. For some reason, most superhero shows, don’t like to have their heroes wear their costumes much. I am not sure why. They did a great job on the designs, but they rarely put them on. In addition, they find every excuse to not use their powers. We are watching a superhero show! I want to see some super powers! This may be more to the budget. Special effects are expensive.
- Beast Boy: I want to see him change into something more than a tiger. I can see this as a great storyline as he trains and explores how to control his powers and his animal nature when in beast form.
- Characters: I would like to see more super powered characters join the cast or guest star. The current roster I feel is weighted too heavily on the non-powered side. Robin (Red Hood), Nightwing, Hawk and Dove. Even Rose Wilson a.k.a Ravager is more of a “hand to hand combat” based character, although she does have superhuman healing and endurance. We have five main characters who primarily use their fists. And I find the over the top violence in the show a bit jarring. I like each of these characters, but I would like to see a bit more done with super powered heroes. It would be great to see Blue Beetle, Kid Flash or Power Girl and they could also do the Terra storyline. There is a bevy of well known and lesser known characters to pull from.
Like the rest of television, Titans has also been affected by the coronavirus and is playing catch up. There has not been an announcement yet on when the series third season will premier. We do know, however, the series is headed to a new home on HBO Max joining its sister series Doom Patrol. Originally Titans was set to come out in the 4th quarter of 2020. Now, we are likely looking at April-May 2021 at the earliest. The new season will see Jason Todd promoted to series regular and become The Red Hood. Photos also show Starfire getting some new duds and she’ll also be facing off against the villain Blackfire it is rumored.
I enjoy the show as is and this wish list is just what I would like to see. But no matter what they do, I will sit back and enjoy the ride.
The Five: Top Wishes for Season 3 of Titans
User Review( votes)