COMIC WATCH IS LOOKING TO ADD ADDITIONAL FREELANCE VOLUNTEER WRITERS TO OUR GROWING ORGANIZATION. ARE YOU A WATCHER?
Comic Watch is a new platform for superhero enthusiasts of all genres to turn to as a central hub of information. Comic Watch is unique in its method and approach as it is committed to providing factual information, statistics, news, and general knowledge. We do not spin or material or flamebait to garner an artificially increased yet misinformed audience. We are committed above all else to presenting honest and truthful material in our reviews, news, and general commentary. In a pop culture reporting industry full noise, we are a CLEAR voice.
Ideal candidates should be able to write regular review commentary and/or list features or news posts about the latest comic book and pop culture happenings. Exciting opportunities are available for writers and contributors for reviews, news, and commentaries in the specialties of:
- Comic book reviews.
- Comic book television series, movies, trailers, and other media.
- Editorial articles or columns.
- Anime review or news writers.
- Gaming review and news writers. (Online, Console, Mobile, RPG, MMORPG, etc.)
- Podcast hosts and personalities.
We are seeking both skilled writers or willing beginners who are willing to invest their time and dedication. Candidates should possess the following qualities:
- Strong written and verbal English skills.
- In-depth knowledge of their subject or specialty. (Comic book title, movie, game, etc.)
- Ability to work within a structure that requires writers to utilize a specific format for review content. (Editorial or columns are less formal in terms of specific format.)
- Capability to write content of at least 500 – 600 words (or more.)
- Applicants will be required to submit a sample of their work. Review writers will be required utilize the Comic Watch standard writer’s format to frame their reviews for uniformity and consistency, crucial for a professional branding and marketing appearance.
- Readiness to meet specific deadlines. Comic review writers are expected to submit written content within 7 days of the comic book release. (Limited exceptions for life emergencies or conflicts are admissible. Writer is expected to inform director of operations or editor upon such occurrences.)
- Writers must know or be willing to learn how to work with the WordPress site and are expected to self-submit their own written content and flag for editorial review prior to publication and push to social media. We provide a tutorial video to instruct new users on learning WordPress functionality.
This is NOT a paid position. Comic Watch personnel, from the board of directors to writers work on a voluntary basis purely as passionate enthusiasts of comic books or related hobbies who desire to “give back” to other fans. Any/all potential revenue generated from any source or endeavor shall be reinvested into the principal company to afford volunteers with increased opportunities or “perks” geared to benefit our readers, fans, and supporters.
Podcast hosts or contributors are expected to split the expense among the total number of group members of the cost of inclusion in our Libsyn hosting account. Exact cost varies and will be provided upon interview followup.
Do YOU want to be a Watcher? To view a list of currently available comic books, movies, or television shows for review writers, please review the following link:
Note that this list continually changes as new titles are announced or discontinued. Additionally, for writers interested in Indie titles from publishers such as Valiant, Boom!, Dynamite, Aspen, Dark Horse, IDW, Aftershock, Manga or others not listed here, as there as so many titles and publications, we do not maintain the current available list but instead note those titles that have been reserved by current staff writers. If your Indie comic is not listed as available, generally it is. Inquire about its current status.
Serious applicants only. If this sounds like the opportunity you’ve been looking for please complete the application form below. All fields must be completed.